'Like' us on Facebook - Facebook.com/balconytv
Follow us on Twitter - Twitter.com/balconytv
JACKSON DUNN - LEMONADE
PRESENTED BY ALLAN
Jackson Dunn is a product of sun, surf and summer - the guitar-slinging, one man roots dynamo from the Gold Coast thrives on it. He hides away to hibernate through Winter, using the solitary time to write, record and let his creativity flow. But as soon as he feels the warmth of the Spring sun on his bronzed, tattooed arms, he returns to play shows and release the product of his time away from the world. He released "Relax and Let it Roll" in late 2012, his most vibrant, thumping and emotionally mature set of songs to date.
Jackson uses the inspiration of the city, surf and new love to create his music. He is like a solar battery, building up his inspiration through the Summer months and playing his energetic and exciting roots music for Coastal music fans, bottling that lightning in Winter and then releasing it throughout Spring and Summer to soundtrack summer fun, love and excitement!
Jackson has an insatiable love for music. A lifelong passion, Jackson credits his Phillipino-born mother for his introduction to the music world. He is inspired by artists like Daniel Johns, Ash Grunwald, Dallas Frasca and Adalita. His live show combines lightning-speed strumming, beer bottle slide guitar, thumping foot-stomp and mesmerising drum loops with heartfelt lyrics, tender, emotional moments and guitar lines that take you on an emotional rollercoaster - it is not to be missed.
- Performer at 2012 Bluesfest
- Performer - Brisbane Festival 2012
- Performer at Red Deer Music festival with Regurgitator, Clare Bowditch
- Winner of the Gold Coast Gig Competition
- Feature on Billabong Surf DVD soundtrack "Wanderjah"
- Feature on soundtrack for surf film "Home"
- Voted number 1 single & filmclip in Australia for Channel V: Channel U
- Ranked Number 1 in late 2009 Triple J Unearthed Blues & Roots
- Supports: John Butler Trio, Jack Johnson, Jebediah, Dallas Frasca, Ash Grunwald and Iota Dunn's love for music is irrepressible. A lifelong passion, Jackson credits his Phillipino-born mother for his introduction to the music world.
Jackson is a one man roots dynamo - lightening-speed strumming, beer bottle slide guitar, thumping foot-stomp and mesmerising drum loops make his live show a visceral experience not to be missed.
A fiery, intense burning is on display whenever Jackson take the stage - his presence on stage quite simply explodes with undiluted passion. His music bleeds with feeling and voice his emotional points in the listener - his writing comes from personal experience.
"AN ABSOLUTE POWER HOUSE PERFORMER" - TSUNAMI MAGAZINE
Tune in again to BalconyTV //