D-DAY performs the song "MISUNDERSTOOD" for BalconyTV.
Subscribe to us right now at http://bit.ly/15yj4oc
PRESENTED BY SINEAD BOLAND
D-Day is a band from Galway which formed in 2010 and consists of Darragh Whyte (Lead Vocals & Lead Guitar), Keith Whyte (Drums & Percussion), Chris Breslin (Bass Guitar & Backing Vocals) and Cathal Sweeney (Rhythm Guitar & Backing Vocals).
They have had a strong start to 2015 filming for a brand new international rock documentary "Musical Exchange" set to air this year. The band spent ten days filming interviews, gigs, cultural exposure on Galway and a music video for their upcoming single "Movin' On" which was composed as the anthem song for the show by frontman Darragh Whyte.
Praise for D-Day:
"They really are one of the hot up and coming Irish bands" - Ollie Turner, Galway Bay FM
"I want to show the world that these guys play kick-ass rock and roll" - Miguel Márquez, Musical Exchange Director
"This young Irish Band has a future. A good,crisp professional sound, with a little bit of a 60’s vibe" - The Falcon's Nest
"They are a rising band" - Sin Newspaper NUI Galway
Notable milestones in their career thus far:
2012 - Opened for Thin Lizzy at the Volvo Ocean Race festival
2013 - "Eyes Open" music video released
2014 - Launched self titled debut EP at the Róisín Dubh, Galway
- Selected and filmed for international rock documentary TV show "Musical Exchange"
- Crowned the winners of the NUI Galway Witless Battle of the Bands
- Supported Bagatelle on their farewell tour
- Song "Long Time Gone" featured on Netflix original series "Club de Cuervos"
- Worked with world renowned mix engineer Mike Fraser (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Metallica)
- Featured on the front cover of "The Craic in Galway" magazine
- Played Festival Shows at Rocktoberfest, Monroe's Live and Carrickmacross Arts Festival
Tune in again to BalconyTV //